Master the foundations of strategy game development by creating a turn-based, micro-strategy game about building and managing a colony on Mars. Using the popular Unity game engine, this course will walk you through the process of basic strategy game mechanics, including resource management, grid placement, and beyond. Not only will you boost your overall game development skills within Unity, but gain essential, fundamental knowledge for coding a variety of strategy game systems that can be expanded further for larger, turn-based projects.
Over 500,000 learners in Zenva Academy
- Access 11 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Instantiate a grid, tile-based system & map
- Control UI elements to reflect resources available
- Create a game manager to calculate resources & turns
- Set up the ability for users to place various buildings
- Limit where buildings can be placed based on other buildings