If you don’t want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More New Incognito Window.
- A new window appears. In the top corner, check for the Incognito icon .
You can also use a keyboard shortcut to open an Incognito window:
- Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Press Ctrl + Shift + n.
- Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n.
You can switch between Incognito windows and regular Chrome windows. You’ll only browse in private when you’re using an Incognito window.
Incognito mode runs in a separate window from your normal Chrome windows.
If you have an Incognito window open and you open another one, your private browsing session will continue in the new window. To exit Incognito mode, close all Incognito windows.
If you see a